Policies, Terms and Conditions
All of our orders are handmade for you and your dog. They are shipped when they are completed. Ready-to-ship items ship within 2-4 days. Current processing times are listed on our FAQ page. If your order will take longer to process for any reason we will let you know ASAP.
All orders have flat rate shipping & handling fees depending on the shipping location. The cost is listed at checkout.
We ship everything from Calgary Alberta, Canada
Orders are shipped with Canada Post or UPS. You can choose to use either Regular or Rush shipping
Depending on your location: Regular Parcel Mail should arrive within 8-10 business days and Rush Shipping within 3 business days. Shipping may take longer during peak periods, such as before the holidays. Unfortunately, shipping delays are outside of our control.
United States Orders:
Orders are shipped by taking them to the border, clearing them through customs, and then shipping via USPS. While this may seem complicated, it really is the fastest and least expensive shipping method we have found.
Packages generally take 4-10 business days to arrive after they leave our workshop.
Shipping may take longer during peak periods, such as before the holidays. Unfortunately, shipping delays are outside of our control.
Your order will ship with Canada Post through regular parcel mail. If you need upgraded shipping, please contact us at email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: tracking is not included with your package. If you need to have your package tracked please contact us, but be aware that adding tracking is very expensive for international order
Packages to the rest of the world may take up to 2-3+ weeks to arrive. Shipping may take longer during peak periods, such as before the holidays. Unfortunately, shipping delays are outside of our control.
Lost or Missing Packages:
If your package does not turn up within the expected timeframe, please contact me and I will do my best to rectify the situation! However, please be aware that I don’t consider a parcel ‘lost’ until it has been a full 30 days from the date of shipping, and I will not replace an item sooner than this.
Custom, Brokerage, and other International fees:
If you live outside of Canada or the US, you may be charged additional customs, taxes, brokerage or other fees associated with purchasing items from a country other than your own. These fees are solely your responsibility, and we have no control over what you may be charged. If you are concerned about your country’s customs laws, please investigate before purchase.
Returns & Exchanges
We want you to be happy with your order! We will try our very best to work with you to sort out any issues. Here are the policies that guide us. Please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Items eligible for return, please contact us within 7 days of receipt of your order and mail the product back within 14 days. Returns and exchanges are not accepted after this time.
Condition of Returned and Exchanged Goods
Items must be returned in the same brand-new condition that you received them in (i.e. unworn or unused, with tags). You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase. Items that have been used or worn (scratched, dirty or damaged) are not eligible for return or exchange.
The buyer is responsible for all shipping & duty charges for returned/exchanged items. If you are returning from outside of Canada, please mark your package & customs forms with "Return of Goods" to avoid additional duty charges. Any duty charges incurred by us to receive your returned items will be deducted from your refund amount. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
Return and Exchange Fees
- If you are exchanging an item, a 20% remaking fee will apply
- If you are returning an item, a 40% restocking fee will apply
- These fees are based on the original retail price of the item before any discounts.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item so that we can make it right.
Exclusions and non-refundable/non-exchangeable items
- Custom orders/customized items/custom items (including rope leashes, personalized items, and made to order gear)
Due to their custom, one-of-a-kind nature, we are unable to accept returns on custom items.
Custom orders may be cancelled and refunded within 12 hours of placing the order by emailing email@example.com.
- Gift Cards cannot be returned
- Sale Items Cannot be returned
- Products marked as final sale cannot be returned.
Everything we make is made to last, but sometimes things happen. We guarantee the gear we make against defects in workmanship or materials.
Everything North Range Dogs makes is covered by our Lifetime Guarantee which warranties the gear you buy from us from defects in manufacturing for the life of the product (or for as long as the product is owned by the original purchaser, whichever is shorter).
Repairs covered by this guarantee are completed at no cost, but shipping to and from our workshop for repairs is at the buyer's expense.
What’s not Covered?
Dogs + adventure can be hard on gear and there are some things we cannot cover in our lifetime guarantee
Regular wear and tear: this includes general wear over time including scratches, stains, discolouration or wearing of the finish on plated metal hardware components, and corrosion of metal items is not covered.
Natural breakdown of materials: materials breakdown over time, this is normal and expected.
- Biothane ages and can become stiffer over time and even begin to crack where it bends. Since Biothane is a plastic (PVC) coated webbing it faces all of the same challenges that plastic face as they age. Time, sunlight, water, exposure, and even the oils of some dogs can change how quickly this happens.
- Metals: metal hardware may patina (discolour) over time, the plating on metals may chip or wear over time.
- Cotton rope used in rope leashes is a natural fibre. It can fray due to friction and general use. Dye used in these leashes binds to the cellulose in the cotton, but over time (and especially with a lot of use in the sun and water) the dye can fade. Contact with chemicals also doesn’t do anything good for the colour - so avoid that!
Chewing and other damage done by your pet or improper use.
Listen, if I could invent a chew-proof leash, I would. But I haven’t found anything that stands up to a dog’s teeth.
- Damage caused by chewing is not covered by this guarantee.
- None of our gear is designed (or should be used) for tie-out use, and damage caused by tethering or tying out a dog is not covered.
- Damaged caused by using items not suitable for a dog's size and strength (and if you are not sure, definitely contact us before ordering!)
- Events beyond our control
If a product needs to be repaired and it isn’t covered under the lifetime guarantee please reach out! We are happy to provide you with a quote to repair your gear.
If you bought your gear from another maker, but it needs repair, please reach out - we may be able to help. Let's try to avoid the landfill for gear that can be mended and re-used for years to come.
Safety and Liability
- Everything we make is made to last, but nothing is indestructible. For safety’s sake, check your dog’s gear regularly and discontinue use & replace anything that is worn out or damaged.
- None of our products is suitable for tie-out use, and your dog should always be supervised when wearing or using our products.
- The safety of your dog is always your responsibility. Each consumer is responsible for determining the suitability of these products for their individual situation. When you purchase a product from North Range Dogs you accept all responsibility. North Range Dogs is not to be held liable for any and all damages or injuries that may occur from the use of its products regardless of cause.
Terms of Service
Here is a link to our terms of service page